Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
What is Your Ecoregion?
Ecoregions are large ecosystems that have a distinctive geography, share common organisms, and have the same climate. The United States Geological Survey has classified the United States into four different levels of ecoregion, from the most broad-brush (Level I) to highly specific and detailed (Level IV). For the purpose of this project, we will be looking up our Level III bioregions, using Level III Ecoregions of the Continental United States map to locate and identify your bioregion, and the Primary Distinguishing Characteristics of Level III Ecoregions of the Continental United States resource to obtain a brief description of your bioregion’s characteristics. Finally, to get a more detailed picture of your bioregion, use Google to search “[your bioregion’s name] bioregion” which will reveal a considerable amount of information about both the characteristics of your bioregion and the issues threatening it, and answer these questions:
75. SOUTHERN COASTAL PLAIN
The Southern Coastal Plain consists of mostly flat plains with numerous swamps, marshes and lakes. This ecoregion is warmer, more heterogeneous, and has a longer growing season and coarser textured soils than the Middle Atlantic Coastal Plain. Once covered by a forest of beech, sweetgum, southern magnolia, slash pine, loblolly pine, white oak, and laurel oak, land cover in the region is now mostly longleaf-slash pine forest, oak-gum-cypress forest in some low lying areas, pasture for beef cattle, and urban development
- What is the name of your Level III bioregion?
- What are the geographic characteristics of your bioregion?
- What is the climate like in your bioregion?
- What are some of the plants and animals that inhabit your bioregion?
- What are some of the threats to your bioregion? If there are several threats, rank them by severity and explain your ranking. For instance, your bioregion may be heavily logged as the greatest threat, but also threatened by urban development in two cities in one part of the bioregion.
- What stands out to you about your bioregion? What might motivate others to care about it and want to protect it from further harm?
No APA Format
Citations and references required