Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Question 1: Fred is an 83-year-old male who is being admitted to the medical-surgical unit status post fall. He is alert and oriented and reports that while visiting a local casino with his wife Margaret earlier this evening, he tripped over a curb and fell landing on his right side. After receiving morphine in the emergency room prior to transfer to your unit, Fred is rating his pain at 6/10. He has multiple bruises from his jawbone to his knee as well as a slight rotation of his right leg.
Past medical history includes: myocardial infarction (MI) x 2, peripheral vascular disease (PVD) with bilateral iliac stents, non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM), sleep apnea, and degenerative joint disease.
Medications include: aspirin, Plavix, Lopressor, Lisinopril, and Metformin.
After reviewing the above scenario please answer the following questions.
- Based on the information provided, how will you prioritize your care, what assessments will you include and in what order? Please provide rationale for your response.
- Considering this patient’s age, injury, past medical history, and list of current medications, what, if any, concerns do you have related to his potential need for surgery?
- Should surgery to repair his right femur be required; what type of clearance and pre-op orders would you anticipate receiving related to his diet, meds, lab work, and so on?
Question 2: This week, we will discuss personal communication devices and their use in healthcare. As we focus on this topic, please address the questions below in the discussion.
- How can the use of the nurse’s personal communication device(s) impact patient care positively and/or negatively?
- What are the ethical and legal implications?
- What does the professional literature say about how communication devices can support safe nursing practice?
Question 3: Each academic area of study has a particular style for documenting the ideas of other scholars. The standards of formatting document you’ve been using is from the American Psychological Association (APA). This is the preferred style in the social sciences. As you’ve noticed, there is a strong emphasis on the publication date. Why do you think there is such an emphasis on the date? As you work on revising your Course Project, what questions do you have about how to incorporate standard APA format and documentation guidelines into your essay? Are there any sources you are having a hard time documenting? Any questions about your reference entries?