Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
- Respond to each item. Each response should be concise and between 2–3 paragraphs in length.
- Use MS Word to write your responses, and submit your answers to all three questions in one Word document.
- Copy and paste each question into the document, so your Instructor can see which questions you are answering.
- Based on information presented in the Learning Resources, identify and describe three specific trends relating to adolescents’ access to and/or use of technology and media.
- As this week’s Learning Resources show, technology plays a significant role in the lives of many teens. Describe two possible positive effects AND two possible negative effects (aside from cyberbullying) of technology use in the lives of adolescents. Be specific.
- In your own words, define cyberbullying and explain its prevalence in the lives of adolescents, citing statistics as necessary. Then, describe two reasons why adolescents might take part in cyberbullying.
Richtel, M. (2010, November 21). Growing up digital, wired for distraction. New York Times, p. A1. Note: Retrieved from the ProQuest Central database.
Barker, O. (2006, May 30). Technology leaves teens speechless. USA Today, p. D1. Note: Retrieved from the ProQuest Central database.
Wallis, C. (2006). The multitasking generation. Time, 167(13), 48–56. Note: Retrieved from the Military and Government Collection database.
In this Discussion, you will consider your own thoughts on this issue. Based on information in this week’s Learning Resources and your own experiences, reflect on the following:
- Do you think school leaders should have the authority to punish students who cyberbully others?
- In this week’s video program, Dr. Sommers-Flanagan emphasizes the need for adults to be aware of how teens are using technology and for adults to work together to establish social norms that make it clear that bullying is unacceptable. How, specifically, might professionals who work with adolescents implement this advice in order to prevent cyberbullying incidents? (You may base your response on any specific profession/setting of your choice.)
Hoff, D. L., & Mitchell, S. M. (2008). Cyberbullying: Causes, effects, and remedies. Journal of Educational Administration, 47(5), 652–665 Note: Retrieved from the ProQuest Central database.
Adams, C. (2010). Cyberbullying. Instructor, 120(2), 44–49. Note: Retrieved from the Academic Search Complete database
Hoffman, J. (2010, June 27). Online bullies pull schools into the fray. New York Times, p. A1. Note: Retrieved from the ProQuest Central database
With these thoughts in mind, follow the instructions below to post your response to this Discussion: Post a description of your thoughts on how cyberbullying incidents should be treated, by both school leaders and law enforcement, and why. In addition, explain at least two specific actions a professional who works with adolescents might take to prevent cyberbullying incidents. Be sure to use the Learning Resources to support your thinking.