Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Peer Review Board Instructions
Step 1 Post your initial rough draft to the discussion board on Sunday.
Post your rough draft to the board as a word document, so your partner can download the draft.
I will send out a list of partners on Tuesday Morning. If you do not post your draft, you will not receive a partner.
Step 2 Read and view videos
Read and review the ideas set forth about peer review and revision in Practical Argument pgs 257 – 267.
Review Week 9 Writing Task 11: Revision Process.
Complete Writing Task 13: Outline on Composing an Oral Argument.
Step 3 Download your partner’s paper
Download your partner’s document and save it to Word, so you can begin the review.
Step 4 Follow this process
1. Read the paper
2. Leave in-text comments on the draft: 2 items per paragraph that deal with organization and content, 1 item per paragraph that deals with sentence structure and/or grammar
3. Answer all questions on the checklist provided below for your partner in a word doc and in complete sentences.
- Does the author start his or her essay with a catchy hook? Is the hook followed by background into the issue and introduction of the video?
- Does the author clearly state the speaker’s thesis and audience in his introduction?
- In the thesis, does the writer argue whether or not the speech/video is convincing to its specified audience?
- Does the author address at least 5 rhetorical modes to support his or her thesis (including those specific to speeches)?
- Does the writer support each of his or her claims images/quotes/details from the ad itself?
- Does the writer explain why he or she chose this particular detail? Does the explanation connect back to the thesis? Does it all connect back to the idea of the video/speech being effective and convincing or not?
- Does the writer have a conclusion that restates the thesis and gives a final thought?
- Is the paper formatted in MLA and properly cited?
Step 5 Post to your partner
Find your partner’s original post and respond to the post with the commented rough draft and the answers to the peer review checklist. Attach both the marked copy of your partner’s essay and the word doc with answers to all checklist questions to your partner’s original thread.
This is due Thursday to ensure ample time for your partner to review and revise their draft before submission on Sunday.