Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
A brief description of a government or non-profit organization with which you are familiar within your state or nation. Then, explain how you might apply at least two basic finance and/or budgeting concepts or theories to the organization. Be sure to provide brief descriptions of each concept or theory and specific examples of how you might apply them.
Be sure to support your posting and responses with specific references to the Learning Resources using APA formatting.
Note: Throughout the course, you apply concepts, theories, and principles of finance and budgeting to an organization with which you are familiar. This could be a government or non-profit organization for which you currently work or have worked, know about from others, or have learned about through academic resources and/or the media.
You may use this and any other relevant resources for your work.
- Mikesell, J. L. (2014). Fiscal administration: Analysis and applications for the public sector (9th ed.). Boston, MA: Wadsworth.
- Preface (pp. vii–ix)
- Chapter 1, “Fundamental Principles of Public Finance” (pp. 1–34)
- Chapter 3, “Federal Budget Structures and Institutions” (pp. 90–143)
- Chapter 4, “State and Local Budgets” (pp. 152–173)
- Becker-Medina, E. (2013). Annual survey of public pensions: State- and locally-administered defined benefit data summary report: 2011. Retrievedhttp://www2.census.gov/govs/retire/2011summaryreport.pdf
- Chantrill, C. (2014). Government spending in the US. Retrieved fromhttp://www.usgovernmentspending.com/local_spending_2010USrn
- Document: Final Project Guidelines (PDF)
Laureate Education (Producer). (2008c). Introduction to finance and budget administration [Video file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 8 minutes.
- Net Industries. (2014). Taxes and government spending – Overview. Retrieved fromhttp://www.libraryindex.com/pages/1309/Taxes-Government-Spending-OVERVIEW.html