Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
1. A target market is one or more segments (e.g., income or income + gender + occupation) that have been chosen as
the focus for business operations. The selection of a target market is important to any small business because it
enables the business to be more precise with its marketing efforts, thereby being more cost-effective. This will
increase the chances for success. The idea behind a target market is that it will be the best match for a company’s
products and services. This, in turn, will help maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of a company’s marketing
efforts. (Small Business for the 21st Century, 2014, Chapter 6, p. 10)
For this discussion you will need to examine a target market of your choice. Explain the segments of this particular target market (for example: gender + occupation), how this particular group differs from others, special considerations, and your personal interest in this choice. Use several current, relevant citations to help persuade the reader why this unique target market deserves attention in regard to small businesses, and which types of businesses would benefit the most from your research.
2. Discussion Topic 2 – Mini-Marketing Plan
Figure 8.1.Marketing Plan. Reprinted from Small Business for the 21st Century (Chapter 8, p. 8), by Anonymous, 2014, Washington, D.C.: The Saylor Foundation. Non-copyrighted, 2014 by Creative Commons. Reprinted with permission under the http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/3.0/ guidelines.
Please post a 250 word initial response to the following discussion topic by clicking on Reply by Thursday and post peer responses to at least two other students (across all themes) by Sunday.
Please choose one aspect of a marketing plan for this discussion::
- Executive summary
- Vision and mission
- Situation analysis
- Marketing objectives
- Marketing strategy
- Implementation, evaluation, and control
Thoroughly explain its function and importance in relation to the marketing plan. You may include illustrations, charts, graphs, etc. to help define and discuss the subject. Use several current, relevant sources of information to support your thoughts.
3. Analysis of a Small Business:
This assignment is a three staged assignment. Students will analyze a small business meeting the criteria presented. Students will identify the business early in the course and select a business that allows for a student-conducted interview. In completing this assignment, students will look closely at the marketing strategy, the industry, and the role of human resources within the business.
- demonstrate an understanding of the small business environment and how to manage in a global marketplace
- develop critical managerial skills and processes to assess and analyze key elements of emerging enterprise organizations
Stage One (5%)
Step 1: In completing the first stage of analyzing a small business, identify a small business that you are either familiar with or a customer of that meets the following criteria:
- Must have a minimum of five employees
- Must have been in business for at least three years
Step 2: In preparation for stage 2, determine whether the small business owner is willing and available for a student-conducted interview.
Step 3: Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will be no more than one page in length excluding the title page.
Step 4: Follow this format:
- Title page with title, your name, the course, the instructor’s name;
- Body, in paragraph form using headings:
- Identify the name of the company and give a brief overview of the business the company performs
- One paragraph describing the qualifications in terms of having a minimum of five employees and having an existing business for at least three years.
- Provide a rationale for selected this business
Rubric Name: Assignment #2, Stage 1