Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment: Final Project
The sign of an effective clinician is the
ability to identify the criteria that distinguish the diagnosis from any
other possibility (otherwise known as a differential diagnosis). An
ambiguous clinical diagnosis can lead to a faulty course of treatment
and hurt the client more than it helps. In this Assignment, using the
DSM-5 and all of the skills you have acquired to date, you assess a
This is a culmination of learning from all the weeks covered so far.
To prepare: Use a differential diagnosis
process and analysis of the Mental Status Exam in the case provided by
your instructor to determine if the case meets the criteria for a
By Day 7
Submit a 4- to 5-page paper in which you:
- Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis. Remember, a full diagnosis should
include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity,
and the Z codes (other conditions that may need clinical attention).
- Explain the full diagnosis, matching the symptoms of the case to the criteria for any diagnoses used.
- Identify 2–3 of the close differentials that you considered for the
case and have ruled out. Concisely explain why these conditions were
considered but eliminated.
- Identify the assessments you recommend to validate treatment.
Explain the rationale behind choosing the assessment instruments to
support, clarify, or track treatment progress for the diagnosis.
- Explain your recommendations for initial resources and treatment.
Use scholarly resources to support your evidence-based treatment
- Explain how you took cultural factors and diversity into account when making the assessment and recommending interventions.
- Identify client strengths, and explain how you would utilize strengths throughout treatment.
- Identify specific knowledge or skills you would need to obtain to
effectively treat this client, and provide a plan on how you will do so.
Will need access to the DSM-5