Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
THIS IS A RESEARCH PAPER IN MUST BE IN APA FORMAT. MUST HAVE A GOOD THESIS and an ARGUMENT. PLEASE COMPARE OR CONTRAST the Haitian Revolution and French Revolution
The Final Paper
Throughout the term, students will be working on a research project. . Some example of possible revolutions you might consider include, but are not limited to, the American Revolution, the Glorious Revolution, the Cuban Revolution, the Iranian Revolution, or the Cuban Revolution.
The research will culminate in an 8-10 page paper (double-spaced, font size 12, Times New Roman, with 1 inch margins all around, with the optional cover page and mandatory bibliography/works cited page not counting towards this total). The paper is due on December 12 at 11:59 pm and must be submitted to Canvas as a .doc, .docx, or .pdf. Students are responsible that the paper is submitted on time in the proper format and can be opened as submitted. They should email the instructor before the deadline with their paper should they have any doubts about the successful submission of their paper. Late penalties may apply for any paper not properly submitted or otherwise late.
For the final paper, you must use at least 3 individual primary sources not used in class and at least 4 secondary sources from academic presses or peer-reviewed article not used in class, although more sources, or different types of sources are welcomed. You will also be required to relate the revolution you study back to one or more revolutions or revolutionary models discussed in class.
While historians generally use Turabian formatting for bibliographies, you are welcome to use other formatting styles with which you are more familiar, such as MLA or APA, provided that you state at the beginning of the bibliography which formatting style you use and use it correctly and consistently. ***Regardless of the customary conventions of that formatting style, you must include page numbers for your citations.***
Grading of the Proposal and Bibliography
The research paper will receive up to 250 points. Points are assigned as follows:
- Comprehensive and accurate analysis of the revolution in question (100 points)
- Analysis of how the revolution you study is similar or different than revolutions or revolutionary models discussed in class, including how your topic is, or is not, a revolution. (40 points)
- Clear thesis, organization, and argument (20 points)
- Accuracy and effectiveness of other aspects of your writing (30 points)
- Support of your argument with citations from at least 3 primary sources (20 points)
- Support of your argument with citations from at least 4 secondary sources that are either books from academic presses or peer-reviewed articles (20 points)
- Proper formatting of sources (20 points)
Papers that are significantly under-length or off-topic may lose additional points, as may papers submitted late.
Cases of plagiarism will result, at a minimum, in failing the assignment. Additional penalties may also apply. Please see the syllabus and Honor Code for additional information.