Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For this assignment, go to the “Description and Status of Current Issues” page of the Financial Accounting Standards Board’s (FASB) Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF) Website, located athttp://www.fasb.org/jsp/FASB/Page/SectionPage&cid=1218220137528. Select a current issue that interests you, and identify it for the assignment.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Research the most important impact that the mission of the Emerging Issues Task Force (EITF) exerts upon the Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB). Analyze the EITF’s effectiveness with finding resolutions to emerging accounting issues, and make at least two (2) recommendations as to how they could improve their effectiveness. Justify your recommendations.
- Research the issue you selected from the EITF’s “Description and Status of Current Issues” page, and analyze at least two (2) key areas being addressed by the EITF.
- Analyze the primary manner in which a company’s accounting and financial reporting is likely to be impacted by the work being done by the EITF on the chosen issue, and make at least two (2) recommendations as to the manner in which the EITF could improve a company’s accounting and financial reporting.
- Create an argument either in favor or against the EITF recommendation(s) on the issue that you have selected. Provide support for your argument.
- Analyze the different accounting treatments between GAAP and IFRS for the issue that you have selected, and make at least two (2) recommendations that would have a positive impact on the differences between treatments.
- Predict the roles that the EITF and FASB would play, should the accounting profession adopt one (1) global set of accounting standards.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.