Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Scenario: In response to
claims that your district does not practice culturally-responsive
teaching, your superintendent has requested that each school organize a
parent night event specifically targeted at parents of migrant students
and English language learners (ELLs). The superintendent has requested a
succinct proposal from each school in presentation form.
Create a 10- to 12-slide presentation proposing a parent night event at your school. Address the following points:
- Explain how this event addresses the need for culturally-responsive teaching.
- List the variety of academic preparation programs, enrichment
programs, and intervention programs available at your school, and assess
how each program serves its purpose. Consider the following:
- Academic intervention programs available for ELLs (before, during, and/or after school)
- English language proficiency requirements (e.g., required English
language development (ELD) classes, examination procedures, ELD
- Community resources for ELLs that promote language acquisition
- Identify involvement opportunities for parents.
- Explain your role in the preparation and implementation of this event, as the school administrator. Consider the following:
- How will you get ELL parents to attend (i.e., incentives)?
- Which staff members will you need to assist with this event?
- Will students attend with their parents?
- How will you advertise the event?
Include speaker notes.