Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Before starting this assignment, please review the following learning materials:
- Balakumar, P., Inamdar, M. N., & Jagadeesh, G. (2013). The critical steps for successful research: The research proposal and scientific writing (Links to an external site.). Journal of Pharmacology & Pharmacotherapeutics, 4(2), 130-138. doi:10.4103/0976-500X.110895
- Johnson-Sheehan, R. (n.d.). Organizing proposals and technical reports (Links to an external site.) [PDF, file size 197.59KB].
- National Science Foundation. (2004). A guide for proposal writing (Links to an external site.) [PDF, file size 206.82KB].
- Turak, A. (2013). How to write a plan or proposal that rocks (Links to an external site.). Forbes.
In this assignment, you will write a short proposal on a current issue in science or technology. The goal of this assignment is to practice what you have learned in previous modules, especially applying appropriate rhetorical appeals and writing persuasively. This activity allows you to practice all of the module outcomes:
- MO1. Analyze and describe the typical readers of technical proposals.
- MO2. Employ appropriate rhetorical appeals to write persuasively for a specific audience.
- MO3. Research a current issue, including understanding the issue’s causes and effects.
- MO4. Plan and prepare a technical proposal designed with a specific organization in mind.
- MO5. Support assertions in a technical proposal with appropriate, credible evidence.
For this assignment, you will write a brief proposal on a current scientific or technical issue you chose and discussed in M4D1 and M4D2. Remember, your topic must come from:
- Alternative Energy Sources
Your role is to identify a specific problem within the category and write a short, preliminary proposal. To be successful, you will need to identify a target organization and consider your audience carefully.
Your proposal must include at least the following sections and subsections, as identified in Johnson-Sheehan (n.d.):
The proposal is written to California Intuitions of technology, to use their research and innovated ideas to help 3rd world countries with their energy issues. MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) has been doing this for some time and is funded by big energy companies. The proposal needs to be an idea that the students can do for a 3rd world country.
- Current situation
- The problem
- Causes of the problem
- Effects of the problem
- Project Plan
- Major and minor steps
- Importance of the project
- Contact information
Note that you do not need to include qualifications of intended personnel. A template [DOCX file size 14.9KB] has been provided for your convenience.
The document should be formatted according to the template that has been provided, along with standard APA conventions for citation, including appropriate in-text citations and a references page.
Compose your work in a .doc or .docx file type using a word processor (such as Microsoft Word, etc.)
please do not check with turnitin.