Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Prokaryotic Cells and Eukaryotic Cells
*Type your answer under each question and submit in Canvas and submit in Canvas by October 2@ 11:59 PM.
1. Think of an eukaryotic cell as a little city that has organelles. Select three organelles and state the function of each organelle. Also, explain what would happen in the “city” if this organelle is damaged.
2. Answer the following questions:
a. Analysis of your patient’s specimen just revealed the presence of cells containing a cell wall. Name the type of microbe(s) that could be causing the infection.
b. Further analysis showed the presence of a nucleus, mitochondria, and ribosomes. Discuss how this new information changes your answer in part ‘a” regarding the type of microbe(s) causing the patient’s infection.
c. Final biochemical analysis of the microbe showed that its cell wall was composed
of chitin. With this new information, what microbe has caused the patient’s infection? Explain.
3. Patient A went to the dentist with a toothache and after examination the dentist discovered an infection. The dentist prescribed penicillin to treat the infection. Penicillin targets the cell wall of bacteria cells by blocking the cross-bridge formation in the peptidoglycan. What affect will penicillin have on the bacteria cells that have caused Patient A’s infection? Explain. Also, is this drug safe for Patient A to take? Will it also target the cells of Patient A’s body? Explain.
4. In the function of the golgi apparatus was inhibited in the cell. How would this affect the eukaryotic cell? How would this affect the plasma membrane? Explain
5. Klebsiella pneumoniae is a prokaryotic cell that has a capsule. What is a capsule? How would having a capsule be beneficial to this bacterium? Explain
6. Differentiate between a prokaryotic cell and an eukaryotic cell. *Use 3 separate characteristics.
7. List the 7 categories of microorganisms and indicate if each is a prokaryotic cell or an eukaryotic cell.
8. Which type of the following types of environments would be ideal for survival of a bacterial cell:
9. Explain your correct answer is question 8.
10. Explain the incorrect answers in question 8.