Principles of child guidance essay question
Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
.The textbook states, “Strategies for child guidance should not rely only on methods of external control (rewards for behavior, time-out, spankings) but rather must interact with and extend the development of naturally unfolding internal mechanisms and motivations for self-control.” A. In your own words, what does this statement mean to you as a parent/caregiver? B. What is your role in guiding a child’s internal mechanisms and motivations for self-control?
2. What is the purpose of child guidance? In your opinion, how does child guidance differ from discipline?
3. What are 3 short-term objectives for child guidance?
4. By oversimplifying rules, young children can be guided to make sense of what otherwise may seem to be an endless number of unrelated rules. By grouping rules into three basic categories, young children can be helped to remember and understand the guidelines for appropriate behavior. A List the three rules that are recommended in the text. B. In your opinion, why is this simplistic approach effective for very young children?
5. A. What are the four Rights of Children? B. As a teacher/parent, describe how you support these rights.
Chapter 2, Historical Perspectives and Guidance Theories
6. A. Based on what you have learned in this course coupled with your own personal experiences, in your opinion, why has there been such a huge paradigm shift in how adults view and treat young children? B. What, in your view, has improved for the better and what has been detrimental to children in these paradigm shifts?
7. A. Various theories of development were addressed in this chapter. With which theory do you feel you are most closely aligned with when considering your own teaching and parenting philosophies? B. Has your teaching or parenting philosophies been changed or modified based upon what you have learned concerning these theories and the information covered thus far? Why or why not?
8. A. Explain the concept of Nature or Nurture. B. Where is society currently in the “pendulum swing” regarding this concept? C. Where are you on the “pendulum swing”, in other words, what are your views of the Nature Vs. Nature concept?
Chapter 3, Understanding Children’s Behavior
9. A. What is meant by the author’s statement, “The most important thing to remember when considering the typical ages and stages of children is that no child is completely typical?” Be specific. B. Why is it important as a parent/caregiver to know the typical ages and stages of developmental growth for children?
10. Piaget’s developmental stages will guide you through your entire career in Early Childhood or Elementary Education. A. List and briefly describe Piaget’s Cognitive Stages of Development. List the age ranges for each stage. The textbook lists two. Please use a reliable internet source to identify, list and describe the remaining ages and stages. B. Clarify, through your own explanation, how guidance should change to match development. C. Provide an example that you have observed and/or implemented as a guidance/discipline technique that did not match the development of the child. Example: Placing a 2-year-old in time-out for an extended period of time (or at all).
11. A. What techniques can you use to teach preschoolers to use words to express themselves. The textbook describes specific techniques. B. Provide a real-life example of a time when you encouraged a child to use his/her words during the onset of a tantrum or angry outburst.
Chapter 4, How to Observe Children
12. A. Explain the importance or use of observation when working with children. B. Provide a real-life or mock example of an objective observation and a subjective observation. C. Explain the negative impact of personal biases.
13. A. List and briefly describe the four observation strategies addressed in this chapter. B. Provide a real-life or mock example of how observation would specifically help a particular child.
14. A. What are the 3 most important ideas, theories, practices and/or guidance techniques that you have learned so far in this class. B. Explain why you find them valuable as a parent/caregiver. C. What is your overall opinion of the class, its content and how it is presented thus far?
Most students find it hard to finish papers at some point in their studies. If it ever happens to you, don’t get desperate—we have a service for every writing emergency! Whether you’re stuck with a problem, equation, or a piece of creative writing, we will definitely come to your rescue. Fill in the order form with the details of your paper. Write your personal instructions so we can meet your expectations.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper