Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For this essay, you will read and respond to the article “When Altruism Isn’t Moral” by Sally Satel, which can be found at https://www.aei.org/publication/when-altruism-isnt…. In the article, Satel argues that the present legal prohibitions against living organ donors, primarily kidney donors, receiving any sort of financial compensation from the recipient of their organ is immoral because the need for donated kidneys outweighs any social stigma that might be attached to ‘selling’ one’s body parts. Do you agree with her position or not? In a two-page essay (approximately 500 words) use information found in Satel’s article to support or refute her claims.
- Read the article at least twice.
- On the first reading, try to get a sense of the author’s rhetorical position. How is she building her case.
- Are her arguments valid? Is she overlooking or ignoring any important points?
- In the article, Satel identifies herself as a transplant recipient. How does her experience as a transplant recipient affect her credibility? Does it give her special insights into the issue? Does it bias her opinions in a way that makes her more or less trustworthy?
- Look up any word you don’t fully understand. It could affect your understanding of the essay as a whole.
- On the second or subsequent reading(s), use the underlining and annotating techniques we have been over in class. Ask yourself critical questions about what you are reading.
- For additional information on writing this essay, refer to “How to Write a Critical Essay” on pages 69 and 70 of A Writer’s Reference.
Your essay should be in proper MLA format (12-point Times New Roman, double-spaced with the first line of each paragraph indented one half inch [do not skip lines or add extra space between paragraphs] and one-inch margins all the way around)