Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Client: You are required to choose a regional or provincial Society/Foundation that will be your “client”. This can be an existing foundation such as the BC Cancer Foundation or you can create a fictional foundation.
- To plan a themed gala dinner in either the fall or spring
- To generate $500,000 in gross revenues (meaning before expenses)
- To keep expenses at 20% of gross revenues
- To include various fundraising activities, a dinner and entertainment
- To attract new sponsors to the event
Marks will be based on the following criteria:
1. INTRODUCTION (5)
- Proposal Title Page with appropriate visuals with proposed name, dates and venue. Include your company name
- Letter of Introduction to prospective client introducing your company and your proposal
2. DEFINE THE EVENT (5)
- Define your proposed event. What is it? Who is it for? How many will attend?
- State a minimum of 5 success factors that need to be in place to will help you achieve your goals.
3 EVALUATE THE EVENT (5)
- Explain which areas of the event you will evaluate.
- When will the evaluation be carried out?
- What will happen with the information you have gathered?
- Include at least 10 questions you might ask in your evaluations
4. THEME CONCEPT AND CREATIVE BRIEF (10)
- Describe your theme concept and colour palette
- Prepare a creative brief describing the event from first arrivals until the last person leaves.
- Provide photos to illustrate your creative vision and support your theme
- Incorporate your theme into an invitation or some promotional item
5. DATE, & VENUE (10)
- Recommend the best date for the event and provide reasons for your selection. When and why that date? Why not another? Compare and contrast two dates.
- Identify a Venue. Why have you chosen this particular place/location? Compare and contrast two venues
- Describe the chosen venue in a descriptive proposal format. Use photos.
6.ESTABLISH A BUDGET (10)
- Identify your various revenue streams and show how you plan to generate $500,000 in revenues
- Identify your costs to produce this event.
- Identify Fixed & Variable costs in your budget..
- Use the internet as much as possible for supplier info.
7.CRITICAL PATH / TIMELINE (5)
- Outline your plan in a critical path/ timeline format. This should be in a logical format by category and date.
- This must include the major milestones for you and the client. Should include any major milestones (ie: venue deposits) that would need to be made to fulfill contract obligations.
8. MARKETING THE EVENT (10)
- Complete a SWOT analysis of your event
- Describe your target market using demographics, psychographics and geographics
- What marketing methods will you use to reach your target market?
- How will you encourage ticket sales or attendance?
- What social media will you use to market the event to your specific target market?
9 SPONSORSHIP (5)
- Identify potential sponsors suitable to your event for both monetary and in kind sponsorship
- Outline the various levels of sponsorship and their related benefits. How will sponsors be recognized at the event?
10 EVENT MANAGEMENT (20)
- Include a production schedule (actual timing of the event in progress including set-up and strike)
- Include a floor plan to show your understanding of space usage during the event.
- Outline insurance requirements, licences or other permits required for your event.
- Provide a list of all volunteer and staffed positions and the required numbers of persons
11.COMPANY PROFILE (5)
- Create and include your event management company profile
- Who are the team members?
- What is your area of specialty, why should they hire you, what other events have you done?
- Provide testimonials, referrals
12. LAYOUT AND PRESENTATION (5)
- Layout and presentation marks will be given for spelling, grammar, presentation of information, relevant photos and overall professionalism.
13. ORAL PRESENTATION (5)
- Group is organized and prepared for their presentation
- Presentation visuals are clearly presented and easy to follow
- All group members participated in the presentation
- Presentation was within the allotted time