Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Please read the following case study details. Then answer the questions below.
You are a nurse caring for women and children in a rural clinic. This clinic serves most of the area’s population and provides comprehensive women’s healthcare. This includes things such as: postpartum care, newborn care, lactation, and clients of all ages.
Kristen and Sawyer have arrived for their one-month check-ups. Kristen states she has been having terrible headaches and her episiotomy hurts worse. She appears overwhelmed and is crying. Sawyer is now taking formula well and jaundice is resolved.
She states, “I feel like I’m such a bad mother since I couldn’t breastfeed him. I bet someone older could do a better job.”
Chicken pox as a child. UTD on all immunizations. Tonsils removed 2013.
Weight: 140 lbs.
Vaginal Delivery: 35 weeks 2 days
3rd degree laceration
Pulse ox: 99% RA
Temp: 101.0 ⁰F
- Based on the chief complaint and provided information what do you think is going on with Kristen? (Top 3 concerns and why)
- What additional assessments are needed and why?
- What physician orders do you expect for this patient? (both diagnostics and treatments)
- What are the priority nursing interventions for this patient?
- Add a question: After you have analyzed the content from the discussion board, please add a question to the end of your initial post regarding the reading material for the week.
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.