Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 1: Vice President of Operations, Part 1
Due Week 3 and worth 200 points
Scenario: Imagine that you are the vice president of
operations at a production or service organization. You have noticed that your
organization’s current operations strategy is not supporting the challenges that
the organization is presently facing. In order to maintain a competitive edge,
you must address these challenges with your Chief Executive Officer
Select an existing production organization. Analyze the organization’s
current vision, mission, business strategy, operation strategy, supply chain,
total quality management, just-in-time philosophy, forecasting method,
statistical technique, facility location, work design, project life cycle, and
project management. Note: You will need this information in
order to complete this and subsequent assignments.
As you collect the information for Assignment 1 and Assignment 2, remember
that in Assignment 3 you must prepare a presentation for your Chief Executive
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
- Evaluate key elements of the selected production or service organization’s
operational efficiency with its operational strategy. Determine three (3) tasks
that do not align with the operational strategy. Determine the weaknesses that
are evident in each task.
- Formulate a new operations strategy for the selected organization based on
the four (4) competitive priorities (i.e., cost, quality, time, and
- Analyze both the structure of the competitive priorities and infrastructure
of the production process. Develop three (3) new enablers that are aligned with
the long-term plan of the selected organization. Evaluate three (3) pros and
three (3) cons of the new enablers.
- Use at least three (3) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note:
Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment
- Analyze the differences between service and manufacturing operations
management to identify planning considerations.
- Formulate an operations strategy to conduct production or service
- Explain how an operations strategy impacts product design and process
selection.Use technology and information resources to research issues in
- Write clearly and concisely about operations management using proper writing