Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The Project Paper focuses on a suggested topic related to art,
architecture, history, music, or literature. The project will reflect
your views and interpretation of the topic. This project is designed to
help you stretch your mind and your abilities to be the creative,
innovative, and critical thinker you already are!
(1) of the topics from the list of topic choices below. Read the topic
carefully. Write a three to four (3-4) page paper (750-1,000 words) that
responds to each of the items described in the topic.
For the topic you choose:
your ideas with specific, illustrative examples. If there are questions
or points associated with your chosen topic, be sure to answer all of
the listed questions and address all of the items in that topic. If your
topic asks you to do several things related to the topic, be sure to do
each of the things listed.
- While some of the topics tend to
lend themselves toward particular writing genres, you are not restricted
to the specific format suggested for the individual topic. For example,
you may do an “interview,” a “proposal,” a “letter,” a “short story,” a
“blog,” an “essay,” an “article,” or any other written genre for almost
any of the topics. The project is intended to be fun as well as
informative, so feel free to be creative with the delivery of your
- Use at least three (3) good quality academic sources, with one (1) source being the class text.
and other similar Websites do not qualify as academic resources. You
are highly encouraged to use the Resource Center tab at the top of your
Note: Your instructor may require you to submit your topic choice for approval before the end of Week 5.
Topic choices (pick 1):
- Office Art Memo. Memorandum.
Your boss, who knows you have been taking a humanities class since he
pays for your tuition reimbursement, has tasked you with managing the
art budget for your company, expecting you to choose various pieces of
art for the new corporate offices. (Note: Replicas of the works are
acceptable since they are more cost-efficient and you are working on a
budget.) Include the following:
- Identify three (3) examples
of 19th century Impressionist painting or sculpture and three (3)
Post-Impressionist works. Explain how the six (6) pieces of art fall
into these two (2) styles.
- In a memo, describe the appearance
of your six (6) choices to your CEO so he or she will know what the art
looks like and where it would be placed in the corporate offices.
- Explain why each piece is considered to be historically significant.
how each piece “fits” your company’s overall (or desired) corporate
image. Keep in mind that a piece of art is supposed to “say” something
about the owner, so describe what would these pieces of art say about
- Identify three (3) examples
- New Composition. Speech.
Your uncle’s birthday is in two (2) months, and everyone knows that he
loves almost all kinds of music. As a birthday gift for him, you want to
have a special piece of music composed in his honor which will be
played at a family birthday celebration. Write a speech that you will
make to the composer’s agent. Include the following:
your choices down to three (3) composers you’ve studied in this course.
Choose one (1) of the composers and explain why you want him to write
the “birthday present” music.
- Explain why the other two (2) composers were ultimately not selected.
identify the musical elements in the composer’s style that you would
like to be included in the new music written for your uncle.
what sort of emotion is generated by listening to the works of your
selected composer; in other words, what do you want your uncle to “feel”
as he hears the music, and why is this composer so perfect for this
- Harlem Renaissance Poets. Essay & Poem. Choose two (2) poems by different authors from the Harlem Renaissance. Write an essay that:
- Describes each author’s role and importance within the Harlem Renaissance.
the elements in each of their poems in which you see evidence of the
“double-consciousness” being expressed by each author.
describe at least two (2) primary themes you see in the poetry written
during this time period, referring to specific lines in each of the
- Write your own poem that expresses these identified themes of the Harlem Renaissance.
- Women’s Roles Then & Now.Script.
Script a conversation between two (2) notable women from the 18th and /
or 19th century on the roles women should play in society. Within the
- Biographical information for each woman.
- The historical status for women in general during the time period in which each woman lived.
- What opinions each of the women might have on the role the women should play in society during their lifetimes.
- What each of the women might think about women’s current roles.
- Other topic choice recommended and approved by the professor and supported by the grading rubric.
The Project Paper will be graded on:
- The level to which the instructions were followed.
- The extent to which all four (4) parts in the topic were addressed.
- The adequacy of information, examples, and details which support the general claim or main idea.
- The clarity and relevance of the explanations and descriptions.
- Adherence to standard rules of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
- The inclusion of three (3) required references (two  additional sources besides your textbook) documented using APA style.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow APA Style format.
Check with your professor for any additional instructions specific to
the selected topic. (Note: Students can find APA style
materials located in the Additional Resources section of their Student
Center within their course shell for reference)
a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover
page and the reference page are not included in the required page
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Explain how key social, cultural, and artistic contributions contribute to historical changes.
- Explain the importance of situating a society’s cultural and artistic expressions within a historical context.
the influences of intellectual, religious, political, and
socio-economic forces on social, cultural, and artistic expressions.
- Identify major historical developments in world cultures from the Renaissance to the contemporary period.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the study of world cultures.
- Write clearly and concisely about world cultures using proper writing mechanics.
for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic/organization
of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following
rubric found here.