Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
The focus of this paper is to explore how residential patterns affect intergroup relations. You will use research approaches such as secondary data analysis to further understand your community.
Step 1: Using Secondary Data
you will perform secondary data analysis by visiting the US Census Bureau’s American FactFinder. Identify the various social and economic characteristics (i.e., education, population, housing, race, gender, age, income, etc.) of New Jersey and report the statistics. You can also check government websites for the stat,. Then, using the statistics you report, identify your findings of social stratification or social inequality found in this locale . In other words, what does the data tell you about the social stratification and social inequalities found in your locale. Present your findings in two pages of the paper.
Step 2: Using an Observational Study
Next, spend 30 to 60 min researching on New Jersey. choose a central place in New Jersey such as the center of the city of Trenton, a major landmark, or you can drive or walk to different areas and observe for a few minutes. Take notes of what you find, including the types of people you see, the economic conditions, as well as the businesses or other institutions that are present. Based on your research, what can you tell about the economic condition of the majority of people? Is the locale integrated or segregated? In this step, consider the information you have gathered in Step 1 regarding social and economic characteristics, and identify whether it matches what you have recorded from your observation. Be sure to compare the data you gathered from research to what was found in the census data and make note if there are differences. Present your findings in one to two pages of the paper.
Step 3: Analysis and Reporting of Research
Analyze your data and present your responses in two to three pages in the paper:
- Describe how segregated the neighborhoods are in your locality. Be sure to consider the various social inequality indicators: race, ethnicity, class, gender, and perhaps sexuality for some areas.
- Indicate if there are policies, practices, or specific circumstances that have created and maintained these patterns.
Here are some examples of aspects to consider: Historically, has there always been racial segregation or not? Was it traditionally an area of immigration from a certain ethnic region? Is there an LGBT community? Was it an industrial area that had a strong working class community, or is it a technology area with highly educated citizens? Have there been efforts to desegregate or plans in the future
Indicate which theoretical perspective best presents your analysis of your locality. Describe why you have chosen this theoretical perspective and ensure you include detail on which theorist’s work is most representative.
The Research Paper:
- Must be at least five (5) pages in length (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted according to APA style .
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly resources
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style