Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Module 5 – Case
Implementation of Change
As our focal technology for this module, we will consider the evolution of corporate wellness programs. The technologies associated with promotion of “corporate wellness” (in itself a concept that has many different definitions and varieties) are generally fairly broad in range and capable of being introduced into practice in many different ways. It is certainly desirable to have technologies that can be adapted effectively to particular organizational situations during their implementation; but if there are certain elements of the technology that will only be effective if they are implemented in a particular kind of way, then a flexible orientation can easily introduce enough error into the process that the positive effects of the technology are not realized.
It is extremely difficult to separate failures in implementation from failures in the technology itself. Moreover, since implementation problems tend to become fairly contentious issues in organizational politics, there are likely to be wider repercussions felt throughout the system. Organizational life is further complicated when one attempts to separate bad decisions from those made about negative things, or separate bad decisions from the good in a complex situation where a number of people in several places are making decisions simultaneously.
Our case here involves looking at corporate wellness interventions as examples of technologies where implementation is absolutely critical, and how you get to a new equilibrium is as important, if not more important, than the content of the equilibrium itself. We will consider these issues both from an implementation (bottom-up) perspective as well as from a strategic (top-down) perspective, and try to see how these two perspectives hopefully complement each, other but can easily wind up in conflict.
Prepare a 5- to 7-page paper in accordance with the following Assignment Expectations on the topic:
“Strategy and implementation of corporate wellness programs”
You should begin your paper by reviewing the general idea of corporate wellness and the knowledge base underlying its popularity and value. You should then assess how companies make strategic decisions about putting such programs in the place, and how that strategy is then translated into an effective or ineffective implementation process. Discuss how, during implementation, programs are shaped in different kinds of ways, some better than others. You should include your paper with a couple of paragraphs outlining your own recommendations on how companies can more effectively integrate overall innovative strategies with local change management, under conditions of uncertainty and risk.
Length: The written component of this assignment should be 5-7 pages long (double-spaced) without counting the cover page and reference page.
Organization: Subheadings should be used to organize your paper according to the questions.
Grammar and Spelling: While no points are deducted for minor errors, assignments are expected to adhere to standard guidelines of grammar, spelling, punctuation, and sentence syntax. Points may be deducted if grammar and spelling impact clarity. We encourage you to use tools such as grammarly.com and proofread your paper before submission.
When you write your paper make sure you do the following:
- Answer the assignment questions directly.
- Stay focused on the precise assignment questions. Do not go off on tangents or devote a lot of space to summarizing general background materials.
- Use evidence from your readings to justify your conclusions.
- Cite at least five credible resources.
- Reference your sources of information with both a bibliography and in-text citations. See the Student Guide to Writing a High-Quality Academic Paper, including pages 11-14 on in-text citations. Another resource is the “Writing Style Guide,” which is found under “My Resources” in the TLC Portal.
Your assignment will be graded using the following criteria:
- Assignment-driven Criteria: Student demonstrates mastery covering all key elements of the assignment.
- Critical Thinking/Application to Professional Practice: Student demonstrates mastery conceptualizing the problem, and analyzing information. Conclusions are logically presented and applied to professional practice in an exceptional manner.
- Business Writing and Quality of References: Student demonstrates mastery and proficiency in written communication and use of appropriate and relevant literature at the doctoral level.
- Citing Sources: Student demonstrates mastery applying APA formatting standards to both in text citations and the reference list.
- Professionalism and Timeliness: Assignments are submitted on time.