Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Major Research Paper:Length: 8-10 pages double spaced and in APA format.
The style choice will be left to the student, but the expectation is that it will be Classification Style, Descriptive Style, Contrast/Compare Style, or Argumentative Style.
Students are to choose a topic BEFORE 1900 and discuss Indigenous contributions in these areas. As examples;
Governance Indigenous Knowledges Justice
Law Health/ health initiatives Political Process
Economic Development Spirituality and Worldviews Treaty Negotiation
Education Literature Representations
Métis Nationhood Food Security Arctic Sovereignty
The Fur Trade War Practices Gender Roles
– Provide minimum 8 sources/references including 1 Journal Article (online or physical copy), 1 book reference other than your textbook (physical copy only), 1 Government document (electronic or physical copy) and 1 report from a private organization (electronic or physical copy). NO Wikipedia, Encyclopedias, Instructor’s power points, video lectures, or dictionary sources. News articles may only be supplementary material and do not count towards the 8 sources. Personal communications must be documented adequately.
– Analyze the research they have gathered, and the points discussed in sources. To support your arguments, you MUST use correct APA citations for both direct quotes and paraphrasing.
– Pages will be numbered in the top right-hand corner.
– No abstract necessary.
– Title page MUST have: The title of your essay (Not the assignment title), your name, the class code (INDG 1220 A01), and the due date of the Assignment.
– Avoid the use of contractions (EG: Don’t should be written out as do not)
– Be aware of spelling and grammar
Anyone writing “the Aboriginals”, “The Indigenous”, “The Indians” or “The Natives” in this class will receive a 0 on the assignment. Full stop. It removes any sense of sovereignty and self-sufficiency, and it encapsulates the group of people being discussed into one monolithic group. There are several First Nations, and they each should be treated with respect.
Unless it is a direct quote from a source, I do not want to see “The Aboriginals”, “The Natives”, “The Indians” or “The Indigenous”. Qualify your statements and add a descriptor at the end.
IE: Indigenous communities, Indigenous Peoples, Indigenous cultures, etc. This also applies to European nations as well. Instead of “The French” use “French traders/ settlers/ fighters”, “English or British authorities/ Government/ traders/ colonists”, “Spanish conquistadors/ sailors/ colonists”.
If you are wanting some specifics on how to discuss Indigenous peoples, check out “Elements of Indigenous Style” by Gregory Younging. An abridged version can be found https://indigenoustourism.ca/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/19-12-Style-Guide-Media-Version-v8-1.pdf
**DO NOT USE ENCYCLOPEDIAS OR WIKIPEDIA AS SOURCES OF INFORMATION
**NO PROJECTS/ PAPERS ON RESIDENTIAL SCHOOLS AND MMIWG2S+ WILL BE ACCEPTED.