Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For the next couple of weeks we are going to dig in more to the startup-side of management. I hope that if you really stick with these next two assignments you will understand how deeply personal the management side of a startup is. And, how without values-based leadership, a startup will be much harder than it already is!
Stick with me, this week we will listen to 4, 20-30 minute podcasts. Next week, 4 more (8 total), all from the same show. I’m being a little experiment-y in that I’m having you listen to 8 episodes that are not consecutive, so there will be some holes in the plot line, but I think you’ll be fine without every piece of information (I hope!). The podcast is called Startup. If you’re into startups, or love a vulnerable, intimate story about humans being human, binge the whole dang thing because it’s so good!
The first episode is just to help you get a taste of what the show is about, the following 7 will touch on many themes from hiring diverse teams, to understanding the personal baggage we bring into a company. The episodes get progressively better and more interesting with each one.
- Episode 1: How Not to Pitch a Billionaire (Links to an external site.)
- Episode 3: How to Divide an Imaginary Pie (Links to an external site.)
- Episode 6: How to Value a Startup (Links to an external site.)
- Episode 9: We Made a Mistake (Links to an external site.)
1. Listen to these four episodes of startup (25 ish minutes each). Share a bit about what you learned from each episode around how individuals leadership qualities become a big part of managing a startup. Some of you expressed wanting to learn more about fundraising, and these episodes dig into that topic a bit.
2. Find two other credible sources to support your argument.
3. Write a brief paper on what you think you could implement into your life to reach your full potential, how can some of the suggested tactics help you lead better, and anything else that stood out as interesting to you in this podcast.
4. Remember to read the guidelines below for all details on assignment requirements to be successful.
Each week writing assignment guidelines:
This response will focus on relating concepts to the business sector that you have decided to focus on by highlighting relevant and timely examples from real-world organizations.
In this assignment, you will substantiate your position by researching and sharing at least two resource hyperlinks (textbook, news article, blog post, other research) which substantiate your response.
These written responses should be at least one and a half pages in length (1 inch margins, 12 point font, double-spaced) and will be submitted weekly through Canvas where you may author your response or upload a file.
There will be a total of 13 possible responses (maximum of 50 points each), your lowest score will be dropped.
Each individual will submit one response and be prepared to discuss their response in-class during the following meeting.
***** Your grade will be based on:
- clarity of your writing
- external citations
- quality of connections made between your writing and selected references
- critical thinking skills shown