Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Please also include a minimum of 3 resources
A split sentence is one in which a juvenile is waived to adult court and then given a juvenile sanction and an adult sanction. If the offender fails the juvenile sanction, he or she will automatically be given the adult punishment.
- Using the library, course materials, textbook, and Web resources, research the advantages and disadvantages of split sentences and any other pertinent issues with regard to split sentencing.
- Address the following in 600–900 words:
- What is split sentencing? Describe in detail.
- Provide and describe 1–2 examples of split sentencing successes.
- Provide and describe 1–2 examples of split sentencing failures.
- Based on your research, is split sentencing an effective solution to a juvenile problem? Why or why not?
- Many opponents feel that juvenile offenders issued a split sentence are simply getting off easy. Do you agree with this sentiment? Why or why not?
- Remember to support your arguments with scholarly resources.
- Be sure to reference all sources using APA style.