Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 2: Investment Analysis
Due Week 8 and worth 280 points
To complete this assignment, refer to the scenario from Assignment 1: Investment Selection.
“Imagine that you are a potential investor researching a U.S. investment of your choice. Your choice can be any investment that is highly marketable, which means that you must be able to sell it at a market price very easily. Publically traded stock, corporate bonds, government bonds, real estate, mutual funds, and derivatives are all examples of highly marketable investments.
You will be required to collect financial statements and /or relevant financial information that detail(s) the past three (3) years (fiscal or calendar) of the chosen investment. (These statements can usually be located within the organization’s Website under “investor information” or something similar. Many times, these statements can also be found on Yahoo! Finance, Google Finance, MSN Money, or Hoovers.)
You will also be required to research your chosen investment’s price for the past five (5) years, as well as a related market index for this investment for the past five (5) years. An example of an applicable market index is the Standard & Poor’s Stock Market Index, commonly called the S&P 500.”
Write a four to six (4-6) page paper in which you:
- Provide a detailed overview of the selected U.S. investment indicating the rationale for your selection.
- Select five (5) financial ratios, then analyze the past three (3) years of financial data for the investment (please obtain data from the financial statements or the equivalent).
- Analyze the price of the investment to its market index for the past five (5) years.
- Create a trend line that depicts the price movement for the investment against the market index movement using elements of Microsoft Office, such as Excel, Visio, MS Project, or one of their equivalents such as Open Project, Dia, and OpenOffice, as appropriate. Note: The graphically depicted solution is not included in the required page length.
- Determine the type of person who would be the best candidate for the chosen investment (e.g., the risk adverse investor, an aggressive investor, etc.). Provide a rationale for why this investment is a solid one, and support the assertion that someone should invest in this stock.
- Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites to not qualify as academic resources.