Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
In completing this assignment, learners will research psychological specialties available in the workforce to gain an understanding of the careers in psychology. Research the psychology specialties listed below using the Occupational Outlook Handbook at the American Psychological Association website.
- Child Psychologist
- Counseling Psychologist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Developmental Psychologist
- Experimental Psychologist
- Forensic Psychologist
- Industrial-Organizational Psychologist
- Health Psychologist
- School Psychologist
- Social Psychologist
- Sports Psychologist
- After researching each of the career specialties, write a pair (2) of succinct and thorough paragraphs summarizing the job responsibilities, work locations, salaries, education, licensing requirements and career outlooks for each career represented as percentage of growth expected.
- Following each of the 12 paragraph pairs, note whether the specialty in psychology would be of interest to you as a career option in the future, explaining your reasons.
- Once the 12 sets of paragraphs and interest or non-interest explanations are complete, compile them into a single APA formatted paper using the career titles as separate, APA formatted headings within the paper body.
Wrap up the paper with two paragraphs comparing the way in which information about the 12 careers is communicated in the Occupational Outlook Handbook versus how it is communicated on the APA website (i.e. which format was the easiest to navigate and understand, had the most useful information, etc.).
- Provide specific one or two examples to exemplify the general comparisons provided.
Include a minimum 8 to 10 pages, not including the required APA formatted title and reference pages; submit APA style in-text citations throughout the work as well.
The basic parts of a paper should also be included; these are the opening, introduction section, with a precise thesis statement, the body of the paper with clear, discernable headings formatted to APA style levels of heading where appropriate, and a conclusion that restates the thesis and summarizes the major points of the entire paper.
The APUS Library provides APA formatting resources at
You may also see Purdue’s OWL for general APA formatting information and for formatting help on many topics.