Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Prior to engaging in this discussion, please read Chapters 5 and 6 from the Applied metacognition e-book, review Elaboration Theory, Social Learning Theory, and Self-Determination Theory online, read “The Impact of the Self-Determined Learning Model of Instruction on Student Self-Determination” article, view the Emotional Intelligence and Bloom’s Taxonomy videos, and review any relevant Instructor Guidance.
Throughout the past several decades, the understanding of how we learn has been defined and redefined. For the discussion please include the following:
- Evaluate and discuss the applicability of social learning theory and Bloom’s taxonomy to the concepts of how we learn.
- Analyze how social learning theory and Bloom’s taxonomy incorporate cognitivism and constructivism into their frameworks.
- Demonstrate an understanding of social learning theory and Bloom’s taxonomy may have contributed to the focus on the more recent theories of emotional intelligence, metacognition, and motivation (i.e., self-determination). This may be opinion, but please support your ideas with your experiences or current understanding.
- Go to the Ashford University Library and research three scholarly articles pertaining to the historical relevance of one of the following: emotional intelligence, Self-determination Theory, or metacognition..
- Address the following questions about what you discovered during your research:
- What historical trends do you notice in the literature about your assigned subject?
- Does there appear to be any event or series of events (such as research findings) that helped to promote this area of variable within learning psychology?
- Evaluate your learning style and share an example of how a better understanding of this theory might be applied to explain your learning behavior(s) in a real-life situation at school, work, or home.