Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
For your first paragraph
Listen to the first five minutes of Tchaikovsky’s “1812 Overture” which tells a very specific story about Russia’s defeat of Napoleon’s invading army. The piece opens quietly with a traditional Russian Orthodox hymn that is a prayer for peace. You can then fast forward to the 13-minute mark and listen for some unusual instruments that help bring the Overture to a climactic end.
- Provide a review of the opening minutes of the Overture and include what instruments you could distinguish, what tone they set, and your perspective on orchestral music.
- Comment about the unusual instruments Tchaikovsky included from minute 13 to the end.
- How did these additional elements contribute to the emotion of Russia’s war victory?
For your second paragraph
Listen to the Gospel Jazz Instrumental – We Fall Down
- Provide a review of the instrumental noting the different instruments that introduce the saxophone.
- Discuss what you could distinguish and how each one contributed to the flow and mood of the song.
- For example, when the saxophone came in and took over the melody line, was it a distraction, or did it seem to become the ‘voice’ of the song?