Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Go to the Federal Reserve Web site, http://www.federalreserve.gov. Click on the Consumer Information tab, and research consumer credit in the various hyperlinks. Find average interest rates charged by commercial banks on new automobile loans, personal loans, and credit card plans.
- a.Compare the average level of interest rates among the three types of loans.
- b.Click on the Economic Research & Data tab, click on the “Statistics: Releases and Historical Data” hyperlink and then “Consumer Credit,” and compare trends in the cost of consumer credit provided by commercial banks over the past three years.
Find the FV of $10,000 invested now after five years if the annual interest rate is 8 percent.
- a.What would be the FV if the interest rate is a simple interest rate?
- b.What would be the FV if the interest rate is a compound interest rate?
- Determine the future values (FVs) if $5,000 is invested in each of the following situations:
- a.5 percent for ten years
- b.7 percent for seven years
- c.9 percent for four years
Determine the present value (PV) if $15,000 is to be received at the end of eight years and the discount rate is 9 percent. How would your answer change if you had to wait six years to receive the $15,000
- Use a financial calculator or computer software program to answer the following questions:
- a.What would be the future value (FV) of $15,555 invested now if it earns interest at 14.5 percent for seven years?
- b.What would be the FV of $19,378 invested now if the money remains deposited for eight years and the annual interest rate is 18 percent?
Use a financial calculator or computer software program to answer the following questions:
- a.What is the present value (PV) of $359,000 that is to be received at the end of twenty-three years if the discount rate is 11 percent?
- b.How would your answer change in (a) if the $359,000 is to be received at the end of twenty years?
Use a financial calculator or computer software program to answer the following questions.
- a.What would be the future value (FV) of $19,378 invested now if the money remains deposited for eight years, the annual interest rate is 18 percent, and interest on the investment is compounded semiannually?
- b.How would your answer for (a) change if quarterly compounding were used?