Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
There are specific environmental risks within homes and communities that contribute to measles outbreaks. Some cultural attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors may also contribute to outbreaks.
In this assignment, you will:
- Create a 3-panel double-sided brochure for your target group ie the population you chose for this project. (Sub-Saharan region Africa)
The brochure must be designed specifically for your intended audience and must incorporate the following:
- Explain environmental and cultural factors within the home and community that contribute to an outbreak of measles.
- Summarize environmental and cultural factors that increase an individual’s risk of contracting measles.
- Describe precautions to be implemented in the home if a household member has become infected with measles.
- Provide any other information necessary to assist your audience in understanding the issue, getting vaccinated, and getting more information if they so desire.
SLP Assignment Expectations
Length: 3-panel double-sided brochure (i.e., include content on the front and back) with color, text, and graphics.
Read at least two of the following articles to learn more about the PEN-3 model as a framework for planning programs that consider cultural and environmental influences on health behaviors.
Iwelunmor, J., Idris, O., Adelakun, A., & Airhihenbuwa, C. O. (2010). Child malaria treatment decisions by mothers of children less than five years of age attending an outpatient clinic in south-west Nigeria: An application of the PEN-3 cultural model. Malaria Journal,9(1), 354-354. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1186/1475-2875-9-354
Iwelunmor, J., Newsome, V., & Airhihenbuwa, C. O. (2014). Framing the impact of culture on health: A systematic review of the PEN-3 cultural model and its application in public health research and interventions. Ethnicity & Health, 19(1), 20-46. doi:10.1080/13557858.2013.857768
Yick, A. G., & Oomen-Early, J. (2009). Using the PEN-3 model to plan culturally competent domestic violence intervention and prevention services in Chinese-American and immigrant communities. Health Education, 109(2), 125-139. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1108/09654280910936585