Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Evaluating Client Profile 2 Using a Cognitive or RET Approach
In this week’s Discussion, you evaluated strengths and weaknesses of using a behavioral/cognitive approach with a client. In this Application, you are asked to evaluate a client using a specific behavioral/cognitive approach.
To prepare for this assignment:
- Bring to mind what you have learned in the past two weeks about cognitive and RET theories and their respective theoretical approaches. Select one of these approaches on which to base this assignment.
- Review Client Profile 2: Aaron in this week’s Learning Resources, and think about how you might use your chosen approach with this client.
- Review the course text readings and the media segments for this week, paying attention to how the experts use a specific theoretical orientation, or approach, to evaluate a client.
- In a 1- to 3-page paper, critically evaluate the client in Client Profile 2 using either a cognitive or RET approach. Make sure you address:
- The strengths and limitations to using this approach with this client
- The specific cultural/gender/age issues that need to be attended to with this client
- The ethical or legal issues that need to be attended to with this client
- The overall therapeutic goal with this client
- How you would proceed with this client:
- How would you begin?
- What would be the goals of therapy?
- What specific strategies and/or techniques might you use?
Support your Application Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are asked to provide a reference list only for those resources not included in the Learning Resources for this course.