Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Imagine you are a recently-hired Chief Operating Officer (COO) in a
midsize company preparing for an Initial Public Offering (IPO). You
quickly discover multiple personnel problems that require your immediate
- John posted a rant on his Facebook page in which he criticized the company’s most important customer.
started a blog to protest the CEO’s bonus, noting that no one below
director has gotten a raise in two (2) years and portraying her bosses
as “know-nothings” and “out-of-touch”
- Bill has been using his company-issued BlackBerry to run his own business on the side.
being disciplined for criticizing a customer in an email (sent from his
personal email account on a company computer), Joe threatens to sue the
company for invasion of privacy.
- One of the department
supervisors requests your approval to fire his secretary for
insubordination. Since the secretary has always received glowing
reviews, you call her into your office and determine that she has
refused to prepare false expense reports for her boss.
- Anna’s boss refused to sign her leave request for jury duty and now wants to fire her for being absent without permission.
an astute manager, you will need to analyze the employment-at-will
doctrine and determine what, if any, exceptions and liabilities exist
before taking any action. As you proceed with your investigation, you
discover the company has no whistleblower policy.
Write a four to six (6) page paper in which you:
the employment-at-will doctrine discussed in the text and then evaluate
three (3) of the six (6) scenarios described by determining:
- Whether you can legally fire the employee; include an assessment of any pertinent exceptions to the employment-at-will doctrine.
primary action(s) that you should take to limit liability and impact on
operations; specify the ethical theory that best supports your
- Examine your state’s policy on
employment-at-will. Analyze at least one (1) real-world example of an
employee or employer utilizing your state’s employment-at-will doctrine
in the last five (5) years. Include a summary of the main issue and the
outcome in the identified real-world example.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia is not an acceptable reference and proprietary Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with
one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA
or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the
assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title,
and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in
the required assignment page length.