Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Week 2 – Journal
This journal assesses your ability to think critically about how culture plays a role in student behavior. This assessment also supports your achievement of Course Learning Outcome 5 and the MASE Program Learning Outcome 8.
The concept of diversity encompasses acceptance and respect. It means understanding that each individual is unique and recognizing our individual differences. It is the exploration of these differences in a safe, positive, and nurturing environment. It is about understanding each other and moving beyond simple tolerance to embracing and celebrating the rich dimensions of diversity contained within each individual. To help inform your discussion posting, read the instructor guidance and watch Classroom Behavior (Links to an external site.) by Sabornie (2010).
Instructions:Using support from your assigned reading, the Instructor Guidance, and the discussions, submit the following for evaluation. Use the below guidelines for creating your written assignment. If you have questions about the journal or the rubric, please contact your instructor using the Ask Your Instructor discussion before the due date.
Choose two topics from below, and in two to three pages, reflect how cultural and linguistic perspectives influence teacher,guardian/caregiver/parent,and student behavior. Be sure to support your reflection with information from theand page 295 of the text.
- People with disabilities from culturally diverse backgrounds experience twice the discrimination experienced by non-disabled people in the minority community. Both disability and race complicate the situation.
- Educational opportunities are less available and affordable to individuals with disabilities from culturally diverse backgrounds.
- There is a lack of mentors and role models for minority individuals with disabilities in the workplace.
- Mainstream job coaching, on-the-job training, and internships are often not readily available to minority individuals with disabilities.
- Both mainstream and minority communities and religious organizations tend to overlook their capability to support the employment of minority individuals with disabilities.
- Cultural differences are not clearly understood by individuals or organizations designing programs to support the employment of minority persons with disabilities.
Your journal must
- Be two to three pages (not including title and references pages).
- Exhibit meticulous use of grammar, spelling, organization, and usage throughout your submission.
- Reference at least three scholarly sources, which may include your course textbook, in order to provide credible evidence to support your ideas.
- Ensure that all in-text citations, the page format, and references must be written in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.).