Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
“Leonardo, the Renaissance Master”
sance Master” Please respond to the following, using sources under the Explore heading as the basis of your response:
- Describe the moment captured in Leonardo’s Last Supper painting,
and discuss the reasons why disciples are shown on the same side of the
table. Describe the most well-known techniques that Leonardo used to
give more realism to the painting. Next, discuss one (1) of Leonardo’s
inventions (or proposed inventions) that most fascinates or surprises
you, and explain why. Compare Leonardo to some modern figure of the 20th
or 21st century.
Leonardo da Vinci
- Chapter 14 (pp. 489-492), art of da Vinci; review Week 7 Music Folder
- Partial restoration of the Last Supper at http://www.philvaz.com/apologetics/LeonardoLastSupper.htm
- Images, article, and 16th century copy of the Last Supper at http://www.abcgallery.com/L/leonardo/leonardo4.html
- Leonardo’s work in science and invention at http://www.museoscienza.org/english/leonardo/models-exhibited (scroll down to thumbnail photos; click to enlarge and read more information)
Week 7 Template..
1. Assessing Leonardo da Vinci’s Last Supper
so first let’s tackle the question of why he puts all the disciples on
the same side of the table. Obviously in real life no one eats dinner
with everyone on one side of the table right? So why does he choose to
paint it in this way? Give me a few sentences as to why you think did
that and then assess a little bit about what you think of this work.
Then discuss some of the painting techniques he used. This website http://www.italianrenaissance.org/a-closer-look-leonardo-da-vincis-last-supper/ will
be helpful for finding information about his techniques. Of course,
remember to put all of this in your words. This section should probably
be at least two paragraphs
2. The invention of Leonardo that I find most fascinating was
one of his inventions and tell me why you think it was significant and
cool. This website lists a bunch of them in great detailhttp://www.museoscienza.org/english/leonardo/models-exhibited so that should get you started here. For some reason, last term a bunch of people cited the Mona Lisa as an invention, which it is not, so steer clear of assessing that here please
3.A modern comparison to Leonardo would be
this should be fun. Leonardo is often described as the epitome of a
‘Renaissance Man’, but what does that mean? A Renaissance Man is
someone who was so skilled in many areas and was a real game changer in
the world. Remember for this section someone who did something amazing
in just one area of the world would be a weak comparison. Leonardo was a
painter, inventor, weapons designer, etc. and was amazing at all of
those things. Who today reminds of someone like that? So name the
person and then explain WHY you think they are a modern Renaissance Man.