Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
-Ableism is a form of discrimination.
-Ableism is usually not noticed by those who don’t have a disability.
-In the 1700s up to the 1900s, if you had a disability, you were thought to have something to do with witchcraft or sin.
-Most shops and stores are accessible for the disabled.
-Other stores are not accessible for the disabled.
-An ableist society would be one, which the disabled aren’t a part.
-There are many stories from disabled people themselves, saying that someone has been extremely rude to them at least once in their life.
-Today, about twenty percent of the population is disabled.
-However, even with a large amount, the disabled face challenges every day.
-The world needs to be more caring towards the disabled.
-The disabled need more places to have, “handicapped accessibility.”
-There needs to be an end to discrimination.
-With a small portion of ablest, the smaller the amount of hate.
Answer all the prompts below:
- How have people with disabilities been marginalized from mainstream society during historical and contemporary times?
2. What feelings do you experience when you see a person with a visible disability (e.g. wheelchair user, the person who is blind)? Why do you think we feel this way?
3. How do you think your reactions to people with disabilities affect people with disabilities?
4. Is even using the word disability enabling prejudice, why not use differently-abled?
5. What are the individual, cultural, and institutional changes that can create a more inclusive society?