Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Discussion Board # 1: Chapter 2 – Race and EthnicityNo unread replies.11 reply.
Race and discrimination can be an uncomfortable topic of conversation. However, discussing such topics can help individuals to uncover biases and presumptions. These biases and presumptions may inhibit teachers from being able to create an inclusive environment.
Acknowledging internal biases and presumptions, working to eliminate them through education and understanding can enable teachers to create a multicultural classroom.
Answer all 3 questions. Read the rubric thoroughly before you post your response.
- Do you think that racial discrimination can affect an individual’s physical, mental and emotional health?
- Can you think of any events in U.S. history that give us insight into the effects of racial discrimination?
(minimum 150 words)
Study the resources in the lesson materials section and respond to the questions below. You must reference information from at least two resources to receive credit for the discussion board.
- What can we learn from history about discrimination/racism in the education system?
- What can you infer from the literature and audio clip regarding the correlation between health and discrimination?
- What are the implications for students who experience discrimination?
- How might this directly affect their academic success?
(minimum 200 words)