Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
As often is the case in science, the study of unique phenomena can provide a wealth of knowledge and information about normal occurrences. This is true with regard to case studies of split-brain patients. The unique experiences of these patients have contributed a great deal to our understanding of how the brain functions in a range of both normal and extraordinary circumstances.
Split-brain patients are people who have had surgery to cut the corpus callosum, which you may recall, is the main pathway connecting the two halves of the cortex. Often, this procedure was done to alleviate
Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the Post to Discussion Question link, and then select
CreateThread to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click on Submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts—and cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking on Submit.
- Review this week’s Learning Resources, paying close attention to the hemispheric organization of the brain, with specific regard to language.
- Research Broca’s aphasia and Wernicke’s aphasia, and be prepared to explain the associated language impairments; consider which you believe would have a greater impact on daily life.
By Day 3
Post a response to the following:
- Explain how split-brain patients demonstrate the organization of the brain. Describe the experiments performed with these patients and explain how they demonstrated language lateralization in the brain.
- Then, consider language and language disorders. Which aspects of language seem to be found in the left hemisphere and which are found in the right?
- Select either Broca’s aphasia or Wernicke’s aphasia and explain how brain damage results in the observed language impairment.
- Finally, provide your opinion on whether it would be more impactful on daily life to have Broca’s aphasia or Wernicke’s aphasia, and explain your reasoning.
Support your posting with specific references from literature in the Walden Library and Learning Resources. Zero plagiarizing, Quote work, No.com