Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Time has passed and Chip’s Widgets, Inc. has done very well. The action plan was successful and business continues to grow. The CEO has decided to resign his position within the next 12 to 18 months to start a new business. The CEO has considered bringing in someone external to take over the company, but he would like to assess the internal talent first. The CEO feels that the operations manager could be a great candidate to take over the CEO role.
Succession planning helps cultivate the next generation of potential leaders to assume key roles. Succession planning strengthens organizational growth, profit, and stability because it helps organizations ensure smooth staff transitions without suspending business activity.
As the HR manager, you need to develop a succession plan for the CEO. The operations manager will be groomed using different techniques for a higher level of responsibility.
Because you have selected the operations manager as the best potential candidate, you will need to create a short-term training plan to start working on helping him develop the unique traits and skills required of a CEO. The goals of this plan must be SMART (that is, specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and timely). If you are not familiar with SMART goals, do some research before you begin this assignment. One place to start is here: http://eds.a.ebscohost.com.ezproxy.rasmussen.edu/e…
***Please follow instructions:To complete this assignment, develop a succession plan for the operations manager and CEO. In a minimum of 4 pages (not counting the title page and reference page), include the following:
- Include an introductory paragraph detailing why the identified traits and skills required of a CEO are critical to the success of the CEO role.
- Identify at least 3 of the operations manager’s strengths that would need to be developed to make him a strong CEO.
- Identify at least 3 of the operations manager’s weaknesses that would need to be addressed to make him a strong CEO.
- Create a short action plan to help the operations manager develop his strengths and address his weaknesses, and identify a target date to complete the action plan.
- Include a conclusion that describes what the next steps might be after the operations manager completes all skills development activities.
Module 06 Course Project Template(☝ ATTACHED)
Feel free to present some of your information in table form. You can use the template below as a starting point.
Include a title and reference page formatted according to APA standards. No plagiarism!