Annotated Bibliography and Outline-Origins of Behaviorism
Due Date: Jan 18, 2017 23:59:59
Max Points: 105
Synthesis is the process of creating a new idea by analyzing multiple disparate concepts or notions to discern the common thematic or connecting principles among them. Synthesis of research is a process learned through time and practice. In this assignment, you will engage in the first parts of the synthesis process: annotating and outlining.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- Review the journal articles assigned in the first two Topics of this course.
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to the resource, “Preparing Annotated Bibliographies,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
- Refer to the resource, “Origins of Behaviorism Outline,” attached to this assignment.
- Refer to the resource, “Sample Annotated Bibliography,” attached to this assignment.
- You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center.
Provide an annotated bibliography (750-1,000 words total) of at least five journal articles from the first two topics of this course. Include the following for each article:
- The article citation which is not included in the total word count.
- A written summary of the key concept(s) of the article. Consider the following questions: Why was the study done? What was the population studied? What did the researcher(s) conclude? What other information about this study do you believe is unique or important to recall? Are there specific statements made by the author that you wish to retain?
Construct an outline for a paper that will trace the origins of behaviorism and the impetus for its development. In the paper, you will be required to discuss three crucial researchers and analyze their contributions to the development of behaviorism. You will write the paper in the next assignment.