Is a personâ€™s destiny mapped by their DNA or environment? This is the question you will explore as you argue the foundation of a personâ€™s fate. Specifically, determine the factors that contribute to a personâ€™s destiny in life. The argument will address whether or not fate exists as determined by genes or environment.
The prompt: Using the story of Oedipus the King as a basis for discussion, decide whether or not a personâ€™s DNA or environment affect their destiny in life.
- MLA format
- Approximately 3 pages
- Argument Essay with counterargument and rebuttal
- Must use the article, â€œYour Ancestors, Your Fateâ€ to prove your argument
- Must use one more source from the CHS Database to further prove your argument
- Must reference Oedipus the King
- A Works Cited must be attached
Speaking of citations, when citing quotes from Oedipus the King, simply put the line numbers in parentheses.
- Ex: Jocasta pleads, â€œFor Godâ€™s love, let us have no more questioning! / Is your life nothing to you?â€ (1003-4).
- A backslash / shows where one line ends and another begins