PC-4.1: Assess the value of multiculturalism and diversity in a global environment.
Write a 1-page paper, using MS Word, which addresses each of the following points:
- Your analysis of the definitions of ethics and the importance of a project manager adhering to a â€œcode of ethicsâ€ (i.e., What effect on human behaviors will the code have?).
- Identify what you think are the top three behaviors in what you would adopt as â€œyourâ€ code of ethics as it pertains to project management.
- What are considered to be â€œethicalâ€ business behaviors vary from country to country around the world. For example, in some European countries, it is considered to be a savvy business practice to buy a product which is in limited supply with the sole intent of re-selling it for a higher price, whereas in the U.S. this might be considered to be illegal â€œscalping.â€ How would you act as a project manager if you were working on an international assignment which called for you to do something which is considered to be â€œethicalâ€ in another country but â€œnot ethicalâ€ in the United States?
- Use the following sub-titles for this part of the Assignment:
- Definition of ethics
- Importance of project managers adhering to a â€œcode of ethicsâ€
- Top three behaviors in your personal code of ethics (be sure to link these behaviors to project management)
- How a project manager should respond to varying â€œsituationalâ€ standards of ethics as they are encountered from country to country.