- Textbook: All Chapters
- All Lectures
- Link (website): Tiffin Library
- Minimum of 5 reliable/academic/library resources
Choose an operation from chapter 2. Using open source material and the resources above as references, analyze a covert operation. Also, consider the elements of covert action that are discussed in the text.
You may also utilize some of the links and resources from all the weeks of this course if you would like.
You are to make a report on the viability of the operation you chose. Below are some prompts to guide you:
- Begin with assessing the objectives.
- Assess the accounting of all necessary preparations, equipment, and logistics, etc.
- Was there an established contingency basis?
- Explain through your assessment, how the plan was executed, and explain the recovery phase, explaining how the personnel was accounted for and, how the objectives were achieved.
- Provide an overall assessment of the success or failure of the operation.
- What would you recommend have been done differently?
Writing Requirements (APA
- 8-10 pages (approx. 300 words per page), not including title page or references page
- 1-inch margins
- Double spaced
- 12-point Times New Roman font
- Title page (Spaced on the page according to APA standards)
- Running header: SHORT TITLE IN CAPS with page number 1
- Name of paper: – Only the first letter capitalized
- Studentâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Course number and name
- References page
Grading and Assessment
This activity will be graded based on the Written Analysis Grading Rubric.
Learning Outcome(s): 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
1. Assess the theoretical effectiveness of intelligence and covert action with regard to analyzing governmental structure and national security policy.
2. Identify geographic location of nation/states.
3. Define the U.S. Intelligence
4. List the different kinds of intelligence and examine how it is gathered.
5. Examine the history and structure of U.S. intelligence.
6. Identify and explain the intelligence cycle and apply the cycle to various situations.
7. Appraise ethical and moral issues in intelligence.
Defining intelligence and the intelligence process
The Development of Intelligence The evolution of the U.S. Intelligence Community
The Intelligence Process Intelligence Collection Analysis
Oversight Nation-States T
Ethical and Moral Issues