Learning outcomes to be covered by this assignment:
- Discuss the importance of studying and understanding information systems, its components and its characteristics.
- Identify the basic types of business information systems (TPS, MIS & DSS) and discuss who uses them, how they are used, and what kinds of benefits they deliver.
- Identify the value-added processes in the supply chain, describe the role of information systems within them and discuss strategic planning for competitive advantage.
- Identify and briefly describe the functions of the two basic kinds of software.
- Define general data management concepts and terms, highlighting the advantages of the database approach to data management.
- Identify and describe the fundamental components of a telecommunications system.
Scope of the Assignment:
This assignment aims to help in developing independent learning skills. Students are expected to use online /library resources to complete the assignment.
Answer the Questions:
- Illustrate the main differences between process reengineering and continuous improvement. Give brief examples.
- Do research to find the two most popular smartphones operating systems. Write a paragraph explaining the key features of both then write the pros and cons of these operating systems.
- In your opinion, what are the risks of transmitting data over an unsecured Wi-Fi network? Explain the necessary steps that are required to secure a Wi-Fi protected access network.
*** In-Text Citations and References using Harvard style.