Business stakeholders, including shareholders, employees, customers, and the general public, receive positive benefits from businesses that follow ethical principles and practices. Ethical dilemmas, where there are conflicting interests and no easy answers, arise in all business. When they do, people are called upon to make difficult decisions. Students will write a paper focused on business ethics using information from the course material provided and from their own research.
By completing this assignment, students will meet the outcome(s):
- identify the critical business functions and how they interact in order to position the organization to be effective in the current business environment;
- explain the importance of the integration of individuals and systems to organizational effectiveness;
- describe the ethical and social responsibilities that confront a business.
Required Elements of Short Paper #1:
- Read critically and analyze the scenario below;
- In your paper, respond to the questions following the scenario.
Required Formatting of Paper:
- This paper should be double-spaced, 12-point font, and two to three pages in length excluding the title page and reference page;
- Follow this format for your paper:
- Title page
- Body, in paragraph form. Use the following section headings:
- Janâ€™s Ethical Dilemma
- Employeesâ€™ Roles/responsibilities in Ethical Situations
- The Organizationâ€™s Role/responsibility in Ensuring Ethical Practices
- Summary paragraph
- Reference page formatted according to APA requirements. Include at least two reference page citations and their corresponding in-text citations.
- The paper is to be written in the third person. There should be no words in the paper such as â€œIâ€ and â€œwe;â€
- You are expected to paraphrase and not use quotes. Deductions will be taken when quotes are used and found to be unnecessary;
- Submit the paper in the Assignment Folder.