You and the other members of the HR team have conducted an analysis of your organization and found that performance management processes are highly inconsistent among departments. Some departments have a process of a formal annual appraisal, while other departments do not provide employees with any documented feedback on their performance. Also, some departments have a process of documenting employee performance issues; others seem to follow a process of no documented warnings before recommending termination.
Your team recognizes the benefits of establishing a developed performance management program and will present its plan to the CEO next week.
Individual deliverable (1â€“2 page Word document): (50 points)
- Using the Internet and the library, locate information on performance management systems.
- Choose one type of program and describe it for your colleagues.
- Include a real-life example of an organization that currently uses or has used this type of program.
- Be sure to include how this program handles performance appraisals and the disciplinary action and performance coaching processes.
Please add your file.
Part 2 deliverable (7â€“9 slide PowerPoint with notes): (100 points)
Decide Area to reach a consensus about which program to use. Once you have decided on a program, develop a detailed plan to present to your CEO. This plan should address the following:
- What value does a performance management program bring to the organization?
- Which performance management programs did you consider?
- Which programs did you select, and why?
- How will the new programs be communicated to employees?
- What type of training will be provided for managers?
- What are the possible consequences of inadequate performance reviews?
- What additional issues or challenges need to be considered with the implementation of these programs?