To prepare for this weekâ€™s learning Activity, review the following video by Dr. Mate in addition to this weekâ€™s assigned Reading:
- Democracynow.org. (2010, February 15th). Dr. Gabor Mate: When the body says no: Understanding the stress-disease on the stress-disease connection. Retrieved from http://www.democracynow.org/2010/2/15/dr_gabor_mat_when_the_body
Proceed with the weekâ€™s learning Activity by doing the following:
Part 1: Interview a person whom you know to learn about stress and coping. For the interview, ask the following two questions:
- What are your top three stressors (worries)?
- How do you cope with your stressors?
Part 2: Complete the following in 1â€“2 pages:
- Summarize your intervieweeâ€™s responses to the two questions.
- Refer directly to the textbook or another credible source and discuss the effects a personâ€™s response to a stressor and method of coping can have on his or her mental health.
- Explain how the interviewee or an individual can learn to cope with stressors in a healthy manner that may lead to more positive effects.
Submitting Your Learning Activity
Complete the Unit 5 Learning Activity Template. Complete the document in 1â€“2 pages, using APA writing style, and save it in a location with your first and last name in the title. When you are ready to submit it, go to the Dropbox and complete the steps below: