Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
1. WHAT BOOK did you read (give a full bibliographic citation)? (after report as an appendix)
2. What happened in the fire described in the book? Describe some particulars such as when and where did the fire occur, what type of structure was it, how severe was it – basically telling the story of the fire. Also, think about the kinds of destruction that are described – where was there significant damage, and why? Why did the fire happen? (1.5 pages max)
3. Why were so many people injured or killed? Be specific, and try to categorize the reasons that are expressed in the book. (2 pages max) Think about ways to present this information clearly, perhaps using tables or figures, or clearly organized text.
4. CONFIRM that the author is accurate. You will want at least two other sources (only one of which is internet based) that will allow you to opine on whether the author(s) of your book is accurate, in keeping with most people, or controversial in their theories about the ways the fire started or why it was so dangerous. CON E 101 Construction and Culture Spring 2019
5. Was the structure typical of other similar structures at that time? Would the same thing likely have happened at another similar structure? Were there specific features that did not comply with the law?
6. Did YOU like this book? Would you recommend it to others? Produce a review of it as an object of entertainment, perhaps using a review of a book in a magazine or newspaper as an example. (0.5 page max)
The overall report will be 5-6 pages in length, not counting any cover, table of contents, or appendices. You should use space-and-a half, 12 point font, 1 in margins all around. Number your pages. Spelling, grammar, presentation will be graded.
Front Matter (cover page, table of contents)
Introduction, to include a brief summary and a hint as to your key observations
Description of the Fire, to include item 2 above
Impact of the Fire, to include item 3 above
Setting of the Fire, to include item 5 above
Conclusions, to include your thoughts on, for example, any particularly interesting thoughts or observations you have on the fire and its relationship to cultural or functional design decisions or systems.