Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Assignment 2: There Are Taxes to Be Paid
The Sixteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution began the process of collecting tax revenue here in the United States. Common knowledge illustrates that taxes play an important part in the function of government. They also reduce any personal earnings that we receive. It has often been said that nothing is certain but death and taxes. Taxes have recently been causing a lot of debate concerning the current debt that the United States is facing. One (1) of the groups that isfighting to change the system is the Americans for Fair Taxation.
Use the Internet or Strayer databases to research the attributes of the Sixteenth Amendment and the Fair Tax Plan proposed by Americans for Fair Taxation.
Write a five (5) pages paper in which you:
1. Summarize the Sixteenth Amendment overall. Describe the salient points that the Amendment makes regarding taxation.
2. Describe the salient points of the proposed Fair Tax Plan which Americans for Fair Taxation purports would meet the needs of our economy.
3. Compare and contrast the key tenets of the current tax system with those of the proposed Fair Tax Plan.
4. Discuss the potential effects of the Fair Tax Plan in relation to national debt, social security, unemployment, military spending, etc. Provide a rationale for the response.
5. Justify the approach—the current tax system or the proposed Fair Tax Plan—that you believe would be the best for the future of the United States. Justify the response.
6. Use at least three (3) quality academic resources. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length