Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Arizona’s instructional program for English language learners is based on four principles called Arizona’s Language Development Approach. According to the Arizona Department of Education, these principles are based on the core idea that “all educators share the responsibility for promoting the success of English learners.”
Choose one of the following deliverables to complete this assignment:
- 10-12 slide digital presentation, including presenter’s notes with documentation of resources and a title slide
- 3-5 minute video, include the video link, script, and documentation of resources in a separate document
- Webpage, include documentation of resources in a separate document along with the digital link
Utilizing the deliverable of your choice, present the following information about Arizona’s Language Development Approach to general classroom teachers:
Part 1: Terminology
- Explain Arizona’s definition of an English learner (EL).
- Briefly discuss the distinctions between the following instructional program models: ESL, bilingual, sheltered English instruction, and structured English immersion (SEI).
Part 2: Four Principles of Arizona’s Language Development Approach
- Briefly describe Arizona’s Language Development Approach and the synthesis of the research around ELLs.
- Explain student agency and its importance in the instruction of ELLs.
- Explain each of the four principles of Arizona’s Language Development Approach.
- Discuss components of Arizona’s approved research-based SEI models: Newcomer, Pull-Out, Two Hour, 50-50 Dual Language Immersion.
Part 3: Assessment and Placement
- Explain the process used to determine ELL program eligibility, placement, and reassessment, including the use of the Home Language Survey and Arizona’s English language proficiency assessment.
- Identify the standard accommodations available to ELLs for assessment.
If applicable, the deliverable should include graphics that are relevant to the content, visually appealing, and uses space appropriately. Refer to the “Recording, Editing and Uploading a Video or Podcast Guide,” if needed, to help you become familiar with how to create a video.
Support your deliverable with a minimum of three scholarly resources.
Submit the resources and your deliverable, or a link to your deliverable, in a Word document. Ensure that others can access and view the link prior to submitting.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.