Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
Recent study illustrates that nearly two (2) million juveniles are processed
through juvenile courts across the United States each year. Depending on the
nature of the crime, juveniles may face detention or incarceration if they are
convicted. Given the fact that many courts are reluctant to incarcerate criminal
offenders, judges often consider alternatives to incarceration. The driving
force behind these alternatives is to save taxpayer money yet still demand
offender accountability and impose sanctions for criminal behavior.
Use the Internet or Strayer databases to research the use of sanctions other
than incarceration or detention for juvenile offenders.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Examine the underlying historical and economic reasons behind the quest for
alternatives to incarcerating offenders in jails and prisons.
- Describe three (3) alternatives to incarceration that juvenile courts
currently use. Provide examples of such alternatives in practice to support the
- Discuss the significant societal and individual benefits of imposing
sanctions or punishments that do not involve removing an offender from his / her
family or community.
- Use at least three (3) quality references. Note: Wikipedia and other
Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch
margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or
school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s
name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and
the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.