Are you pressed for time and haven’t started working on your assignment yet? Would you like to buy an assignment? Use our custom writing services for better grades. Even if your deadline is approaching fast, our writers can handle your task right when you need it.
Order a Similar Paper Order a Different Paper
A compliance specialist must interpret laws and regulations to evaluate the impact of legal and regulatory requirements in their health care setting. Then, they explain the application to their department and other departments in the organization.
Assume you are in a compliance specialist role. Select 1 law or regulation to research and use for this assignment:
- Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS)
- Emergency Medical Treatment & Labor Act (EMTALA)
- False Claims Act (FCA)
- HIPAA Privacy Rule
- HITECH Act
- Human research protections
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010
- Stark law (Physician Self-Referral Law)
Write a 700- to 1,050-word executive summary for your organization’s leadership team in which you:
- Summarize the chosen law or regulation.
- Describe the entity that oversees and enforces the law or regulation.
- Evaluate the impact the selected law or regulation has on the health care industry.
- Explain what a health care organization needs to do to comply with the law or regulation.
- Explain 2 or 3 requirements of adhering to the law or regulation.
- Explain the penalties for violations of the law or regulation.
Cite 3 peer-reviewed, scholarly, or similar references to support your regulatory summary.
Format citations and references according to APA guidelines.
Submit your assessment.